I met Julette on my first work day in my first corporate work day at Mutual and happened to have been her 24th birthday as well. She is no longer 24 and neither am I! but she remained a much loved friend and this recipe I have from her kind of connects me to my good friend, every time I see it scribbled on the back page of my Kook en Geniet!
75 ml botter (butter)
200 ml suiker (sugar)
1 eier geklits (1 beaten egg)
375 ml meel (flour)
10 ml bakpoeier (baking powder)
2 ml sout (salt)
250 ml melk (milk)
125 ml botter (butter)
10 ml Marmite
125 ml gerasperde kaas (grated cheese)
- Klop botter en suiker.
- Voeg eier by.
- Sif droë bestanddele saam.
- Voeg saam met melk by botter mengsel. Meng.
- Skep in gesmeerde broodpan.
- Bak 25 minute teen 190° C.
- Smelt botter en Marmite.
- Prik warm koek en gooi mengsel bo-oor.
- Sprinkel kaas oor.
- Mix butter and sugar until light.
- Add egg to mixture.
- Sift dry ingredients .
- Add 3. with milk to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop into greased bread pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 190° C.
- Melt butter and Marmite.
- Prick warm cake and pour melted mixture 1. over.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.