165 g (180 ml) buttter or margarine
75 ml golden syrup
1 can (375 g) condensed milk
325 ml (one condensed milk can) boiled milk
1.2 kg (6 cups) sugar
250 ml flour unsifted
2 ml cream of tartar
5 ml vanilla essence
- Melt butter and syrup in large thick bottom pot over low heat. Add condensed milk and boiled milk and blend.
- Combine sugar and flour and add to condensed milk mixture.
- Blend everything well.
- Stir continuously over low heat until boiling point.
- Add cream of tartar as soon as mixture starts to boil.
- Boil for 28 minutes (soft ball stage) over low heat and stir continuously with wooden spoon to prevent from burning on.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla essence.
- Whisk with wooden spoon until mixture starts to firm up.
- Pour into greased pan, no smaller than 18 x 28 x 3 cm
- Cut into squares before fudge is completely hardened.
Produces about 6 dozen squares 2.5 cm x 2.5 cm