2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (114 g)
1/2 cup of frozen partridgeberries (or raisins, etc)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Grate butter into flour mixture. Use fingers to work in butter (mixture should resemble coarse meal), then stir in berries.
- In a small bowl, whisk sour cream and egg until smooth.
- Using a fork, stir sour cream mixture until large dough clump form. Use your hands to press the dough against the bowl into a ball. (The dough will be sticky in places, and there may not seem to be enough liquid at first, but ass you press, the dough will come together.
- Place on a lightly floured surface and pat into a 7 – 8 inch circle abut 3/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp. of sugar. Use a shop knife to cut into triangles; place on a cookie sheet(preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden, about 15 – 17 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve warm or at room temperature.