3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup plain Greek yoghurt
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color.
- Add eggs one at a time, allowing each egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Pour flour mixture into batter alternately with the yoghurt, mixing until just incorporated.
- Fold in walnuts, mixing just enough to evenly combine.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup of white sugar with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the batter in the pan.
- Drop remaining cake batter in heaping spoonfuls over filling, covering it as best you can.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for an additional 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.