- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 -3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1% milk
- 1 cup pureed banana (2 medium bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBSP packed brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
- cooking spray
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together buttermilk, banana, eggs, sugar and melted butter.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; fold in just to combine.
- Coat a nonstick griddle or pan with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Spoon batter into pan in batches using 1/4-cup batter for each pancake; cook until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Sprinkle with hemp hearts before turning the pancake.
- Remove pancakes to a tray in a warm oven; repeat with remaining ingredients (being careful not to spray cooking spray into an open flame).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving.
Yields 2 pancakes per serving.