This is a recipe for the ever popular Scottish shortbread (brosbroodkoekies). It is so quick and easy to make .
Yield: 5 dozen cookies 40 x 80 mm
500 g butter
250 g (350 ml) castor sugar (or regular Canadian sugar)
500 g (4 cups) cake flour
250 g (2 cups) constarch
To sift on top:
castor sugar or fine sugar
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Sift flour and cornstarch and mix with butter mixture until it forms a dough.
- Press mixture into bottom of two greased baking pans 300 mm x 230 mm. Prick the dough with a fork.
- Score bars of 40 mmx 80 mm.
- Bake about 1 hours in a preheated oven at 160 degrees C until light brown.
- Sprinkle castor sugar over the top.