This is another recipe from chef Bob Arniel and is perfect for colder weather.
A 125ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
375 ml (1 1/2 cups) brown sugar
B 2 eggs
C 80 ml (1/3 cup) flour (all-purpose)
15 ml (1 tbsp) baking powder
10 ml (2 tsp) cinnamon
1 ml (pinch) salt
250 ml (1 cup) dry breadcrumbs
500 ml (2 cups) fresh breadcrumbs
D 250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
E 175 ml (3/4 cup) blueberries
175 ml (3/4 cup) partridgeberries
- Beat “A” with a paddle until light and fluffy
- While beating “A” stir together “C” in a separate bowl
- Beat the eggs into the creamed butter and sugar until smooth
- Add the dry ingredients alternatively with the milk
- Fold in the berries. Spoon into well butter ramekins, place ramekins in large oven pan. Pour hot water 1/4 way up the ramekins. Cover with parchment paper and then tin foil
- Cook in a 350F oven for about an hour or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Unmold and serve with sauce. Sprinkle with icing sugar.
125 ml unsalted butter
125 ml dark brown sugar
250 ml whipping cream
50 ml screech (or other rum)
Melt butter, add sugar, bring to a boil. Add cream. Remove from heat and add rum.