This is a great recipe for camping trip treats. (Coady’s favourite)
750 ml (3 c) coconut
250 ml (1 c) white flower
1 l (4 c) oats
375 ml (1 1/2 c) sugar
2.5 ml (1/2 t) salt
5 ml (1 t) cinnamon
250 ml (1c) butter or margarine
37.5 ml (3 tbs) golden syrup or honey
10 ml (2t) bicarbonate of soda dissolved in 62.5 ml (1/4 c) milk
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Melt butter and syrup and add.
- Stir in milk and bicarbonate of soda mixture.
- Blend all ingredients well.
- Press mixture into a baking sheet until it is about 1 cm (1/3 inch) thick.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes in medium oven at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Cut into squares, lift squares out of baking sheet and allow to cool.
Recipe creates approximately 6 dozen cookies.