This is a traditional side dish with Sunday dinner in Audrey and Tom White’s house in Twillingate.
1 cup flour
1/4 lb butter
pinch of salt
2 tsp baking powder
water (enough to make a thick paste a bit stickier than scone dough)
sugar (about 1 tbsp)
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Crumble butter into dry ingredients.
- Slowly mix the water in until the right consistency is reached.
- Press into a round cake pan.
- I’ll have to ask again how long to bake, but I guess about 15 minutes at 375° C – similar to scones.
- Place on cooling rack and cut into slices.
- Serve with Sunday dinner (roast chicken, turkey or beef) and of course GRAVY!