I cannot remember where this recipe comes from, but I have a hunch that this is a delicious treat that my friend Shereen once made – years ago!
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 c sugar
milk to make batter
1 can of apples (I guess it is a small tin)
- Cream sugar and margarine.
- Add eggs .
- Sift flour in and fold into 1. and 2.
- Add milk if needed to create the right batter consistency (a bit thicker than cream)
- Pour batter into dish and place apple pieces in batter.
- Bake at 180 °C – similar to vanilla cake…so perhaps 25 – 30 minutes until bakes through.
- Pour sauce over.
3/4 cup cream (canned cream is OK)
1/4 – 1/2 c sugar
Boil together and poor over apple cake once it comes out of the oven.